Friday, October 24, 2014

High Five For Friday

It's a foggy, weirdly warm Friday around these parts. One of those cozy days where you'd rather be snuggled up to your husband and puppy on the couch watching Netflix all day. But alas, it's not. And that's fine too. Here's a look back at some of the best moments of the week.

1. I did laundry. I did laundry. There is a reason this is number one on my list. We have a laundry room. Praise Jesus, we have a laundry room. I spent six hours on Saturday doing laundry. And it was seriously awesome. I was going through my clothes trying to decipher what really needed to be washed. We've still got a couple more things to finish, mainly tile above the shower, but hopefully thatt will be done soon. A laundry room + a fresh and bathroom, actually. If you could only see what our bathroom was like. .  . You would not be impressed. It was gross. The laundry room // bathroom is the first room on the main floor that is finished, so now our paint colors, trim styles, and other general lets-keep-everything-similar finishings are taken care of. So hopefully we Adam will spend less time trying to imagine what it will be like.

2. The Royals are in the World Series! WHAT! How does that happen? Adam and I have been getting our super-fan on this week watching the two games that have happened. We spent Tuesday as a date night at Old Chicago (one of our favorite pizza and beer joints to go to) and unfortunately watched the Royals lose, but stayed home on Wednesday to watch a "Royal win" (see what I did there?).

3. I'm heading down to the Des Moines Farmers Market this weekend to meet up with an old friend who I haven't seen in a while. I'm excited to see her and spend time with her. Typically I stay around Ames if I want to hit up a farmers market, but the Des Moines market is h-u-g-e.

4. Adam has been working on a small job this week. We're thankful that he's been able to continue to find work while he's out on his own.

5. Adam and I have been indulging in a guilty pleasure in the form of a TV show lately. We've gotten ourselves hooked on a show that (I'm sure) Adam would be embarrassed if he knew I was admitting this. We've gotten hooked on Pretty Little Liars. I'm a little embarrassed just typing that out. But it is what it is. We've started it and now we' just need to finish it. If you're not aware, it's about four high school girls who like keeping secrets (something like that). Anway, it's one of those this-is-too-dramatic-but-I-can't-stop-watching shows.

How was your week? I'd love to hear about it! Happy Friday!

2 comments:

  1. Enjoyed your post this week, you dirty-little-liar-out-of-the-closet-watcher ;) Can't wait to see what you've done with the place! Our weekend was awesome out on the water fishing with the Palms. They kinda got into the speed of the PWC also...and the colors were gorgeous!!! Love this time of year. So how bout a football game after all this baseball is complete with a 7 series World Series WIN by the Royals?!
    See ya'lls Friday~
    Love, MT (I just realized this weekend the MT are also the initials of Mother Teresa. NOT that there is a comparison, however, I rather like that association, thanks to my D-I-L)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMEN to Pretty Little Liars.. such a guilty pleasure! And Michael will never admit it, but he totally gets into with me..(much like he did with Gossip Girl, Parenthood, and Desperate Housewives). So happy to hear about your house..I'd love to get down to Ames and see you all! Miss you two!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10