Friday, January 2, 2015

High Five for Friday

Well hey, there, 2015. It's nice to met you. After one day spent together, I'd say we're off to a pretty good start. Today's post is going to cover some resolutions goals I have for this year. If feel like when I use the word resolution, my resolutions are just asking to be broken. Is that just me? So below are my three goals for 2015. (note: I just wrote 2014, then deleted and wrote 2013. This may take awhile)

1. Spend more time in the word. Why is it that I find it so hard to spend time in God's word every day? Fortunately, my MIL* gifted me with Jesus Calling, by Sarah Young which is a daily devotional with at least two verses per devotional. It's just what I need to get this goal moving. I'm hoping that reading and understanding His word will help me to surrender myself more and more to Him every day.

2. Spend less time on the computer/phone/tablet, etc. With technically bigger than ever, I often find myself stuck on social media or a website in my free time. While I'm not condoning social media (hello Pinterest!), I don't want it to become a bad habit. I am at my computer all day, and often I'll come home and get right back on. I know we're not parents yet, but I'm trying to look at the habits I have now and try to see how keeping them would affect my parenting style. I don't want to be a mom who sees everything my child does though the eyes of my iPhone camera.

3. Be more patient. Sometimes I find myself getting upset quickly, especially if I'm stressed or overwhelmed and especially with my husband. He is one of the easiest people to get along with, but sometimes I can be a little sassy, which isn't fair. I am so grateful for Adam and I would like to show him that more often by toning down the sass. 

What are your goals for 2015? Do you believe that the new year can be a 'new start'?

*MIL is code for Mother-in-Law

1 comment:

  1. LOVE Jesus Calling. I have to be honest, I haven't been good about keeping up with it. I always catch myself reading quite a few at a time, then take a few days off. I'm trying to be better about that this year!

    I also wanted to stop and let you know that the High Five for Friday link up has a new home! We'd love to have you as a part of it, this week or any time in the future! Have a great weekend :)

    Caitlin @ Coffee with Caitlin
    coffeewithcaitlin.com

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10