Friday, March 21, 2014

High Five for Friday!

Can you believe it's finally Spring? It felt like it would never come, and I'm oh so happy it has! Here are my top 5 moments for the week!

1. SPRING! It's finally Spring! It's time to keep the windows open, eat brats from the grill, and sandals! Spring is such a wonderful time of freshness and regrowth. We're looking forward to what it brings.

2. I'm in Missiouri visiting my sister-in-law and niece this weekend. My sister-in-law, Hattie, is due with their second child in a few weeks, so we wanted to spend some time together in the little time that remains before she's a mother of two. My niece, Sofia, is just over two and is so much fun to hang out with. She's always doing something different than she was the last time I was here. The weather is even nicer down here too. I think we're planning on doing some tie-dye while I'm here this weekend.

3. We had a meeting with our pastor on Sunday to discuss his adoption from Ethiopia a few years back. It was great to finally talk with him (we'd been having scheduling conflicts for a while now), and learn more about his process. While we don't really have specific questions for families who have adopted, but it helps to know how their process went. I think it's maybe like when someone is pregnant, no one ever has the exact same experience. And obviously this is not a pregnancy, but I feel like I can compare it. Who knows, maybe I can't.

4. We had another meeting with Bethany this week. I think we may have honed down on Uganda, but it's not for sure yet. We had some additional questions for the staff there, but they also like to know the couple adopting really well, so we also met some other members of the staff. They have been very helpful and encourage us to ask as many questions as possible. Bethany provides us with a portal that all employees can see. We have specific people that we're working with at Global (their HQ is located in Grand Rapids, MI) and also a local employee that helps us. So if we ask a question, it's open to anyone who can give us the best answers.

5. Adam and I are moving some stuff along on our house, too! It's just me visiting Hattie and Sofia, so he's at home doing some major work. I'm hoping there is some paint on the walls when I get back. (A girl can dream, right?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10