Friday, July 18, 2014

High Five for Friday

I don't know about you, but dang this week felt long. I don't know if it was the busyness of last weekend of the excitement of the upcoming weekend (or maybe it's  the lesser amount of caffeine that I'm trying to consume on a daily basis), but dang, this week felt slow. But you know what? It's Friday! So let's celebrate.

1. It's RAGBRAI week (almost)! I've been busy doing some bike prep, you know, packing up the sun screen and butt butter (a true essential). We're leaving on Saturday afternoon to go up and stay with family before it all gets under way on Sunday morning.

2. We have some friends moving into their first home, so we helped them pack some stuff up this week. Their closing date got pushed back, so we're praying for a smooth, quick process from here on out.

3. We've had an awesome response to our t-shirt fundraiser! If you haven't had a chance to check them out yet, you should!

4. I've hit my last week in my "old role" at work and I'll finally be transitioning completely into my new one. I'm looking forward to getting busier and more involved!

5. This week's weather has been ah-maz-ing. I think it was some sort of cold front, but it was like it was fall 'round here. And I loved every second. I was half expecting to be preparing for a football game this weekend, but I guess tailgating to bike can be a thing? It's supposed to warm up (humidy included) next week. It wouldn't be true RAGBRAI fashion if it was too nice.

Cheers to Friday. Enjoy your weekend, and I'll check back in next Thursday. Until then, sending blessings your way! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10