Friday, February 14, 2014

High Five for Friday!

Whoo hoo! It's Friday yet again, was it just me, or did this week go by rather slowly? None the less, here are my top five moments for the week:

1. We visited some friends in Cedar Falls last weekend. My friend Sarah is getting her masters at UNI, and we hadn't been up there in a while. On top of that, it was her boyfriend's birthday. Spencer has become like a brother to us so it was fun to help him celebrate.

2. On Sunday Adam and I went to a movie with some other friends of ours. We joined a connection group through our church and host at our house every week. The group is for young, married couples, so everyone is pretty much in the same stages of life as us. It's been fun getting to know other Christian couples our age.

3. Can we talk about this weather? Okay, so I know most people in the United States are in this awful snow/ice storm, but here in Ames, it's actually been quite pleasant! Right now, I think it's about 12° outside, but yesterday it got up to 47°. It was amazing! I took Nellie for a great, long walk to somewhat tire her out. I even had my back windows down when I was driving. This next week has some good weather to look forward to, too.


Do you see that? Next week is supposed to be in the 40s again. I hope that means Spring is on it's way! 

4. it's Valentine's day! I hope you're able to spend some time with those you love. And if not, you really don't need a day dedicated to love, live like every day is Valentine's day. We aren't too big on the  hype of the holiday, so we're just going to spend the evening hanging out. Adam has been very busy working on the house so he's going to take the night off. We may go get burritos, rent a movie. We're such romantics. 

5. And a not so great moment. . .

I'm not sure if anyone has seen this article regarding our agency. Some of the current and former employees were charged with conspiring to defraud the United States. They are accused of obtaining U.S. visas by submitting fraudulent adoption contracts that were signed by orphanages that never cared for the children that were being adopted. We've been asked to contact the state department with questions.

So, we're kind of in a weird spot. Of course, everyone is innocent until proven guilty, but we will be moving on to a different agency. We had some other options when we were choosing an agency, so we've contacted them for more information. 

We're blessed to have such great people in our life; I told one of my good friends at work yesterday and she asked if she could pray for me. Of course! What a blessing it is to have such a great friend working next to me every day. 

This is just part of the plan. Onward! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10