Saturday, May 3, 2014

High Five for Friday!

Oops...it's Saturday.

But wow, a week! The weather has been dreary and rainy here all week, so we're looking forward to some warm, sunny weather again. Here are the top five moments for the week.

1. I got baptized on Sunday! I wasn't baptized as an infant, and started becoming curious about church when I was in 7th grade. After losing my parents in 2008, I started relying on Christ. I've wanted to be baptized for a while now, but always came up with an excuse not to. After taking the membership class at our church, I couldn't come up with an excuse not to get baptized. And I'm so happy I did. It was a great feeling professing that Christ is my Lord and Savior in front of my entire church family.

2. Today, (well yesterday) two good friends of ours are tying the knot. I'm so excited to celebrate their mawaige. This summer, they'll even be our neighbors. Life is good.

3. As of today, we paid our home study fee. This means we won't have another fee until we send in our dossier, where we'll pay our first country fee. Actually, here is a handy visual of our adoption road map.


4. Rain. So, it has rained here all week. The one thing about the rain is that everything is so fully in bloom and gorgeous. Spring is such a wonderful time of rebirth. So even though the rain has been dreary and cold, it's good for something.

5. Adam and I went to Once last week in Des Moines. It was great to have a little date night and enjoy a live show.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10