Thursday, June 19, 2014

Home Study #2: Check

Home study #2 has been completed. . . and it was easy [insert Staples guy's voice].

Lindsay came to our house and we immediately got started. She met Nellie (who didn't even jump up on her., she must have known), and handed us both a few sheets of paper to fill out. the paperwork consisted of questions mainly about ourselves; things we've experienced, family history, if we do drugs, you know that fun stuff.

We had to fill out the paperwork at the same time, but couldn't talk to each other to ensure we weren't going to conspire against our social worker. We're good people, we wouldn't do that.

After we finished that up, Adam had to leave. So, naturally, he went to the garage. While he was gone, Lindsay and I went through the questions where we answered something other than "neither" or "not applicable".

The first box I checked was that I had experienced violence. The first question. I explained to her what happened when I lost my mom and how it affected me. Sidenote: I'm wondering if this is weird if there is anyone who doesn't know what happened. Is that weird? 

Some other questions she asked us were about why we chose to characterize our spouse the way we did and how we plan on disciplining our children. This this we were both (separately) like, "uhhh? Not exactly sure?" so she was pretty lenient on that answer. I mean, we have an idea of how we want to discipline, but then, who's to say that will stay the case once we have children?

Overall, the second home study was a breeze. I didn't need to worry about it as much as I did, of course. Thank you for all your prayers and thoughts while helping us through. Two down, two to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10